Sign up to support the campaign for a real democracy
Millions are disillusioned with our political system, which is a democracy in name only. The present system favours the rich and the powerful over ordinary people as the economic crisis shows.
Living standards are plummeting, inequality is growing and the welfare state lies in ruins. But top bosses and bankers are doing very nicely, thank you.
All this means that our votes count for very little.
Parliaments in Westminster, Cardiff and Edinburgh are totally inadequate as a means of popular representation, democratic control and accountability.
So we need a democratic constitution based on new political, social, economic, legal and ecological rights.
- Haldane Society of Socialist Lawyers
- Communities Against the Cuts
- John McDonnell MP
- Bill Bowring, Professor of Law, Birkbeck College, University of London
- A World to Win
- People's Republic of Southwark
- Rotherham Against the Cuts
- National Community Activists Network
- Real Democracy Working Group of Occupy London
- People's Assemblies Network
- National Coalition for Independent Action
- Wigan Borough Green Socialists
- Runnymede Project
- Republican Socialist Alliance
- Grattan Puxon, International Romani Union, Gypsy Council and secretary of Dale Farm Residents Association